Energy Star – Existing Homes from Radiant Insulation – LI
More than 75,000 families have had their homes improved through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, a comprehensive, whole-house approach to improving energy efficiency and home comfort while helping to protect the environment. These families are enjoying benefits like fewer drafts, consistent temperatures across rooms, better ventilation and humidity control, and lower utility bills. We know the programs mentioned below can get a little confusing. Please feel free to give us a call, and we will be happy to explain each program to you in detail.
Watch the video
PROGRAMS AVAILABLE IN NY STATE
Say goodbye to moisture problems, drafty rooms and high utility bills. You can improve the comfort of your home, use less energy and save up to 30% annually on your energy costs by participating in the New York Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program. Most New Yorkers qualify for a free or reduced-cost comprehensive home assessment, also referred to as an energy audit and low-interest loans. Additionally, participants may be eligible for cash-back incentives. Let us guide you through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, from the initial visit to installation of energy efficiency work to project completion. When you participate in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, you will be working with a Building Performance Institute (BPI) Accredited home improvement contractor. BPI is a leading developer of technical standards for home performance and weatherization retrofit work that are recognized across North America. BPI contractors have been trained in taking a “whole-house” approach when testing a home and identifying where energy efficiency upgrades can be made.
Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
What is Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR? Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (AHPwES) provides additional financial assistance for income-eligible households that live in 1-4 family homes. If your total household income is less than 80% of the state or area median income for your household size (whichever is greater), you may be eligible for financing and a job scope subsidy of up to 50% for the cost of the energy efficiency work that your home is receiving through the AHPwES Program. A participating Building Performance Institute (BPI) Accredited contractor must complete a Comprehensive Home Assessment and all energy efficiency improvements. Improved energy efficiency is assured by the use of advanced diagnostic tests both before and after the work is completed. These tests include a blower door test to measure the air infiltration level of the building envelope along with combustion safety tests of key appliances, such as heating systems, water heaters and gas ovens. The assessment will identify cost-effective improvements you can make to reduce energy bills and improve the comfort and safety of your home.
What are the Income Guidelines?
If your income is at or below the income listed for your household size, you may qualify for an AHPwES subsidy. (Visit http://www.getenergysmart.org for current income guidelines.)
What job scope incentives are available?
Households are eligible for a 50% subsidy on the cost of approved energy efficiency measures, up to a maximum of $5,000 for a single-family home or $10,000 for a 2-4 family building.
How do I pay for the balance?
Low-interest financing is available under the program to cover the balance.
National Grid Program
The allotment for 2011 has been spent. The program will return sometime in 2012. Please call for more information.
Enhanced Home Sealing Incentives Program (EHSIP)
- Eligible customers will receive a custom Comprehensive Home Assessment (CHA) and up to two hours of air sealing, all for a small $50 participation fee. This valuable offer has a retail value of $600, but as a National Grid customer, you’ll pay just $50!
- During your CHA, your home will receive an in-person, top-to-bottom assessment by a certified Energy Specialist, identifying money-saving air sealing, insulation and additional energy efficiency opportunities.
- Sealing your home’s air leaks may improve the comfort of your home and cut energy use year-round. This simple energy efficiency improvement may also help your heating and cooling systems run more effectively. And as part of your CHA, you’ll receive up to two hours of valuable air sealing at no additional cost!
- If your Energy Specialist indicates that attic insulation is recommended, you may be eligible for National Grid incentives of 50% of the pre-set installed cost of insulation, up to a $3,000 maximum.
- ENERGY STAR® estimates that you can save up to 20% on your heating and cooling costs by sealing and insulating your home. All services will be performed by an Energy Specialist: a participating program contractor who is professionally trained and certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI).
To register for this program, please click below. Be sure to choose “Contractor” as your source of knowledge about the program and enter “Radiant Insulation” as your contractor’s name. We look forward to helping you become more energy efficient!
LIPA Electric, Heat and Central Air Conditioning Program
To qualify for participation in the New York Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program, utility customers installing the eligible energy-efficiency improvements and / or renewable technologies must be in the Long Island Power Authority service territory. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is part of LIPA’s Efficiency Long Island initiative, a groundbreaking, 10-year effort to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions on Long Island.
Benefits of Insulation
- Increasing Value of Your Home
- Protection Against Dirt and Allergens
- Better Air Quality
- Protection Against Mold and Mildew
- Huge Savings on Energy Bills
- Making Your Home Energy Efficient